Apple started to reduce orders for chips for the iPhone and iPhone 6 6 Plus




According to the Taiwanese business publication DigiTimes, Apple has started to reduce orders for delivery of new processors for smartphones iPhone and iPhone 6 6 Plus. This, in particular, the sources said Asian suppliers IC design.


In I quarter of 2015 the volume of orders for chips for the iPhone and iPhone 6 6 Plus will drop to 44-46 million units, while in the IV quarter of this year, Apple has ordered the release of its partners more than 50 million chips for its new smartphones.

Sources also reported that the Cupertino-based company is going to gradually reduce the volume of orders and production of other components for new smartphones. They suggested that the volume of supply and sales of the iPhone and the iPhone 6 6 Plus reached their peak. The publication notes that manufacturers of analog circuits included in the supply chain to Apple, due to reduced volume of orders is almost completely included in the schedule and cope with them in time.

Meanwhile, analysts have expressed the view that the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus threaten sales of the Tablet PC iPad. So, according to statistics of the popular news aggregator Pocket, before the release of new smartphones 55% of the time had to use the application on a 4-inch iPhone 5 / 5s, while the remaining 45% on your iPad. But after the release of smartphones with large screens the situation has changed. IPhone owners spend 6 now 72% of the time to work with the program, and the owners of iPhone 6 Plus and 80% did.


Statistics Pocket confirms the trend – fewer people are using tablets to surf the web.

Join us at Twitter , VKontakte , Facebook , Google+ or via RSS , to keep abreast of the latest news from the world of Apple, Microsoft and Google.

In: Technology & Gadgets Asked By: [18454 Red Star Level]

Answer this Question

You must be Logged In to post an Answer.

Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »

Star Points Scale

Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!

Grey Sta Levelr [1 - 25 Grey Star Level]
Green Star Level [26 - 50 Green Star Level]
Blue Star Level [51 - 500 Blue Star Level]
Orange Star Level [501 - 5000 Orange Star Level]
Red Star Level [5001 - 25000 Red Star Level]
Black Star Level [25001+ Black Star Level]