Google apologizes for displaying ads next

Mar

21

2017

to offensive YouTube clips

Google apologized on Monday to Matt Britten, Europe’s chief operating officer, for allowing ads to be displayed next to abusive videos via its YouTube video sharing platform, and for anyone who saw ads appearing next to questionable content on YouTube. The official said the company would consider simplifying tools For advertisers as part of the solution.

The head of the company’s operations in Europe apologized during a press conference in London and said, “We regret anyone who was affected by this.” This comes after the great shock that the company suffered during the last week, which was the withdrawal of many British advertisers withdraw their ads from Google and its platform YouTube Video.

The move came after heightened concerns about the emergence of their ads through YouTube videos that incite hatred and extremist messages and support terrorist groups. These ads were placed through a program that allows advertisers to automatically buy ads within YouTube targeting specific population groups.

Many high-profile media companies and agencies such as Marks & Spencer, HSBC, The Guardian and Havas, representing many customers such as O2, EDF and Royal Mail, have pulled their UK-based ads from YouTube.

The British government also suspended its announcements on the site after some public sector ads appeared alongside videos of messages of vengeance and anti-Semitism, prompting a large group of major companies to follow suit.

Other companies such as WPP, the world’s largest advertising company, and France’s Publicis, the world’s third-largest advertising company, said Google had failed to meet advertising standards and that companies were reviewing its relationship with Google.

Havas noted that Google has not been able to provide specific assurances, policies and guarantees that their video content or content is quickly and adequately classified or that correct filters are present.

The company’s decision to temporarily suspend activity with our partners in Google is a temporary measure made on behalf of UK customers, and Havas Group will not take such measures on a global basis and is working with Google to resolve the issues so that the group can return to Use of the video platform within the UK.

Matt Britten, head of Google Europe’s operations, said the company was reviewing advertising policies and controls, including questions about how to properly identify hate speech, and that the company could simplify tools for advertisers as part of the solution. “I think if the tools are there, But it is very complicated, this is our problem. ”

The company is currently reviewing content that has been reported as inappropriate by users or through its technologies, including automated learning algorithms, and it is not yet clear whether the company intends to take a more proactive approach by hiring staff to follow up on content activity that It may not appear through these filters.

The United Kingdom is the largest market outside the United States for Google’s parent company, Alpha, where the company generated revenue of nearly $ 7.8 billion, mostly from ads in 2016, or nearly 9 percent of the company’s global revenue.

Viewing:-80

In: Technology & Gadgets Asked By: [17021 Red Star Level]

Answer this Question

You must be Logged In to post an Answer.

Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »