How many kinds of Higgs boson actually exists




Fiction | How many kinds of Higgs boson actually exists


The existence of sub-atomic particles, better known as the Higgs boson has no one no doubt , but scientists are still at a loss as far as the particle corresponds to placing hope.

During the recently held a special event of the American Physical Society, scientists discussed again evokes the minds of the quantum of the Higgs field, which is responsible for the mass of other elementary particles. By the way, find out in detail about what the Higgs boson is possible here .

“There are a number of theoretical models that define the structure of the more difficult areas in which there is a Higgs boson,” – said Markus Klute at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. – “According to the model, there are more than five kinds of Higgs boson masses are different.”

Recall that in March, scientists have officially confirmed that the existence of the quantum of the Higgs field could prove experimentally because of the world’s largest particle accelerator (LHC). Higgs boson mass of 126 times the mass of the proton, which fully complies with the Standard Model. According to the Standard Model Higgs boson is associated with the Higgs field (energy field) that permeates space and fills the other particles mass.

For example it is: the Higgs field fills the other particles mass, just as swimmers get wet when passing distance in the pool.

The Higgs boson, which corresponds to the expectations of the researchers, was the biggest disappointment since physicists had high hopes that the discovery will overturn all existing theory on its head.

“In the beginning of November, I started terrible depression, which caused a discovery of the Higgs boson, fits into the framework of modern theories” – said Markus Klute.

Now scientists in one voice declare that on the Higgs boson still know quite a few. Perhaps more will tell the LHC, a robot which will resume in 2015 . Updated LHC will allow scientists to study the higher energy ranges.

“At the moment the question of whether the standard Higgs boson or not remains open,” – said Michael Peskin, a physicist at the National Laboratory SLAC linear accelerator at Stanford University. – “Our scientific game will be resumed later – in this decade.”

Back in December 2012 in the LHC data was discovered by a second surge that pointed to the existence of one type of Higgs boson with a mass. However, this burst was registered only in one experiment, increasing evidence of this anomaly while not found.

LHC, which is located in the suburbs of Geneva in 2015 will start to work on energy, which is almost twice the current. According to scientists, the updated LHC experiments will confirm the theory of “supersymmetry”, which states the existence of the elusive particle twin in each elementary particle. These particles can become twin clue to another mystery – dark matter that makes up about 80 percent of all matter in the universe.

“At the moment, scientists can explain only 4 percent of what makes up the universe,” – said Thomas Koffas from Carleton University. – “There is not the slightest clue as to what are the other 96 percent.”

The new shell back Facebook Home to many did not like
Next # Fiction | Sulphuric battery electric vehicle of the future
Tags: LHC , the Higgs boson , dark matter .

Tags: , ,

In: Technology & Gadgets Asked By: [18458 Red Star Level]

Answer this Question

You must be Logged In to post an Answer.

Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »

Star Points Scale

Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!

Grey Sta Levelr [1 - 25 Grey Star Level]
Green Star Level [26 - 50 Green Star Level]
Blue Star Level [51 - 500 Blue Star Level]
Orange Star Level [501 - 5000 Orange Star Level]
Red Star Level [5001 - 25000 Red Star Level]
Black Star Level [25001+ Black Star Level]