Find a Question:
How to stop the flow of incoming tasks and clean up the affairs
The other day, with an acquaintance, a conversation on the topic of desktop management tasks. He asked the question – “Every day I receive more tasks than I can do. The number of pending tasks of all increases and increases and increases chaos. How to stop it? “The question is relevant to many. Many are familiar with the feeling of helplessness experienced by people under the onslaught of incoming tasks and the widening, to-do list. Here are 5 steps to get out of the chaos.
Tip number 1 – Just stop …
1. … Just stop the incoming stream. To disassemble the working mechanism, it is necessary for the start stop. You will not be able to fix the problem as long as they keep coming to you a torrent. So stop the flow. Do not accept new challenges and take a break. This station will not only allow you to calmly analyze the current list but concentrate only on that. In general, tip number 1 – Gather all the tasks in one list or accept the new has not yet put things on the list. Note – do list is “in order” when you realize that all you need to do some control and feel good about themselves. The last point is the most important. This is not a joke. You need to regain a sense of satisfaction.
And understand – the world will not collapse and the company will not fall apart if you withdrew for a couple of days.
2. Estimate the time required. The next thing to do is to estimate how long it will take for each task. The high accuracy of the evaluation is not needed. Vote “rule of thumb”. The main thing that you can understand – how much time should be spent to complete all the tasks in the list. It may happen that according to preliminary estimates, the list you will need 2 months of net working time. If these tasks are not distributed in time, so that you could really meet them, thus the list of absurd and requires optimization.
3. Optimize the list. Not a simple matter. For one reason – to optimize requires serious and critical evaluation of their cases.
Give all the others that they can do without you. There are doubts? Do you think you can do it better? All the same place and give a reminder of the control.
Group your tasks. Take time to process mail and phone calls. Do similar things straight. It saves time.
Set aside all that can be done later. Even business related to customers can be transferred. Just arrange it. Assign contacts with clients more evenly. Change the time where it can be done. Free yourself room to maneuver.
Remove all of that lost its relevance. Ruthlessly kill tasks, the feasibility of which is doubtful.
4. Perform the tasks in order. Sort the task list from smallest to largest. This means that at first go the shortest time business. Do all cases requiring less than 30 – 40 minutes. Keep them in a row, until the end. Forget about everything else. As soon as the task is over, okinte list view. Surely he has become more real and can work with it. Maybe you can even resume the flow of tasks. In any case, plan all the remaining tasks so that you are almost 100% certainty able to meet them at the appointed time. And even create yourself slack in 15-20% of the time needed for the solution. Who better underdone than the remake.
5. Say “No” hard planning. In any case not strictly limit the time and duration of the tasks. Now rigid planning is your enemy. Rigid planning effectively in a situation of relatively stable control. Now everything is very shaky. So give yourself the time and share liberties. Do not drive your brain into the frame. Otherwise, come back where you started. You must be calm, measured to perform tasks from the list in due course. Once again – in order. Do not handle the task until you finish the previous one. One task at a time.
Most importantly – understand and accept the fact that you can not afford to stop and get my affairs in order.
Five steps above have proven effective in practice. They are effective in order to “fire fighting” and “clean up the debris,” but work needs to be constructed so that such a situation does not arise. As you consider what to do to not lead to the extreme?Viewing:-111
Answer this Question
You must be Logged In to post an Answer.
Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »
Star Points Scale
Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!