Microsoft warns of end support Windows Server 2003




Microsoft warns businesses that the end of support for Windows Server 2003 is approaching. According to the company run organizations security risks if they do not migrate. According to recent research, 19 percent of IT professionals would not meet the deadline.

Support for Windows Server 2003, ending July 14, 2015, as warns Takeshi Numoto of Microsoft’s Cloud and Enterprise Marketing department. Research by November it was published last year, found that 81 percent of IT professionals who are working with Windows Server 2003, expects that date to switch. Of the remaining 19 percent was 8 percent do plan to move, but at 11 percent was the migration still unclear, wrote IT ProPortal time. The end of support for Windows XP, caused a lot of problems still many systems that run OS that Microsoft only fee update with patches.

Microsoft emphasizes that the software will continue to operate after July, but that running unpatched software many security risks entails. “Remember that even a single unpatched server can be a point of vulnerability for your entire infrastructure,” said Numoto. He explains that in some countries, companies are required to wear provide adequate protection against known vulnerabilities, and so running updated software.

Microsoft released the OS from twelve years ago. “To put that in perspective,” Numoto writes, “my current mobile phone has higher specifications that Windows Server 2003 originally demanded in terms of memory and processor.”


In: A Technology & Gadgets Asked By: [19102 Red Star Level]

Answer this Question

You must be Logged In to post an Answer.

Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »

Star Points Scale

Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!

Grey Sta Levelr [1 - 25 Grey Star Level]
Green Star Level [26 - 50 Green Star Level]
Blue Star Level [51 - 500 Blue Star Level]
Orange Star Level [501 - 5000 Orange Star Level]
Red Star Level [5001 - 25000 Red Star Level]
Black Star Level [25001+ Black Star Level]