Find a Question:
Safari in iOS 8: 10 tips for better web surfing
The main functionality of any complex system, whether it is an application or a car, hidden from the user and is only available through a complex combination of simple actions, lying on the surface. The same rule applies to the operating system iOS and preinstalled browser Safari. Below we describe the hidden features in iOS Safari 8 that are not obvious to the user, but also allow us to make surfing the web faster and more productive.
1.Bystry Back to the top
This is a very useful technique works with the first version of Safari. Instead of flipping page swipe across the screen, just touch the top of the clock – the browser for a moment to scroll through all the contents of the web page and display the header.
2. Call toolbar
In order to make room for the contents of web pages in Safari iOS 8 hides the toolbar buttons “Back”, “Share”, “Favorites”, etc. To quickly return it to the screen is enough to tap on the top bar of the browser.
3. Saving and copying photos to your clipboard
A favorite photo can be saved in memory iPhone and iPad, or copied to the clipboard. It’s enough to touch the pictures and hold your finger few seconds.
4. Quick access to stories
To continue surfing at the place where you finished the last time, you can open the browsing history and choose something from the previously visited. To do this, you need to wade through a complex menu of the browser. Readers MacDigger will now know a faster way:
1) Launch Safari on the iPhone or iPad.
2) On the control panel, press and hold the browser Back or Forward button.
3) Safari will display a list of recently opened sites.
5. Search for text on pages
iPhone and iPad offer the most convenient way to search for information. They are always on hand and have access to the Internet – open any site and forth. If you need to find a specific word on the page, do the following:
1) Launch Safari.
2) Click on the address bar / search.
3) Write the word or phrase you want to find.
4) In the drop-down list with the results in addition to the SERPs, you will see the line “on this page.” With the number of matches found by the browser. Click on it.
6) When the look for the right word, then tap Done.
6. Quickly add bookmarks and reading list
To quickly add a page to your favorites, optionally use the “Share”. Instead, you can:
1) Launch Safari.
2) Open the toolbar.
3) Tap and hold your finger button with an icon of the book.
7. Change the tab order
Section tabs Safari has the ability to change the order of pages. It is very easy: you have to hold any of the tabs and the browser will sort mode. In this mode, the selected page, you can move up or down in the list of open sites.
8. Fast Close Tabs
Not everyone knows, but Mobile Safari allows you to quickly close the unwanted tabs using gestures. And aim for the cross is not necessary. This can also be used swipe left gesture.
9. Quick access to the last closed tab
If you accidentally close a tab, you can open it in the simplest way. In Safari, there is a section “recently closed tabs”. How to reach it:
1) Open the Safari.
2) Go to the tab.
3) Press and hold your finger “+” button on the toolbar.
10. Cloud tab
If you have the iPhone, and iPad, then most likely you have Internet access on each of them. It often happens that after visiting several sites on the tablet, you switch to a smartphone and want to continue watching the same resources on the smartphone. It was impossible before the advent of cloud service iCloud. Use the function “cloud tabs” just:
1) Run the application settings on your iOS-device.
2) Go to the section of iCloud.
3) Make sure that the switch synchronization options included with Safari.
4) Now open Safari, and call the window open tabs button in the lower right corner.
5) Scroll down until you see a list of open tabs on other iGadzhetov.
Top 5 hidden features in iOS Safari 8
Top 10 Extensions for Safari in iOS 8, which will increase your productivity
Join us at Twitter , VKontakte , Facebook , Google+ or via RSS , to keep abreast of the latest news from the world of Apple, Microsoft and Google.
Answer this Question
You must be Logged In to post an Answer.
Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »
Star Points Scale
Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!