Find a Question:
Software Update: Kodi 16.0 Beta 1
The first beta release of Kodi version 16.0 was released. This cross-platform media center software is developed for Windows, OS X, Linux, Android and iOS. Version 16.0 beta 1 does include support for DirectX 11 and the ability to 4: 3 material to stretch to 16: 9 in such a way that the images in the middle of the screen does not look stretched. It is also now possible to do ‘event logging’, though the function still rudimentary and should be further developed in Kodi 17.
Since devices that act as a remote control, always contain less physical buttons, has also been added a “long-press mode”. Also, the libstagefright framework is removed, and is removed, the karaoke function.
The changelog is as follows:
• Start or integration or ADSP (Audio Digital Signal Processing) handling (no add-ons shipped yet)
• Improve image resizing and caching algorithm to Improve image quality of images
• Added support for the MusicBrainz “ARTISTS” tag in id3v2, ape, Xiph.
• Add Date added to music library and use it for sorting
• Support skin saving settings as add-on data INSTEAD OF in guisettings.xml
• Image resource add-us-which biedt common image libraries than can be used by several at skins and add-ons.
• Do not mess with the long and short date formats defined in the language files
• Win32: Proper 24.0 / 60.0 Hz refresh rate in fake fullscreen mode
• Add sort method for albums “artist / year”. This will sort the chronological albums per artist.
• Moved some add-on categories to “look and feel” in add-on manager
• Series recording added for PVR
• Add a “none” option for preferred subtitles
• Properly handle wired or bluetooth headsets on Android and only use PCM output
• Fix playback or VP9 and VC1 video codecs on Android
• Use bestpossible icons from other Android apps while browsing thesis in Kodi
• Enable true 1920 × 1080 output on AMLogic device without up-scaling
• Add Korean, Chinese and Chech keyboards
• Add Multi-touch support for Linux platform
• Improve touch-screen keymapping
• Add stereoscopic depth for Confluence skin
• The item That You had previously chosen will now be selected in the selection list Instead of just starting at the top of the list
• DECOUPLE Kodi and system volume on Android-which Removes the double audio volume slider
• Karaoke support HAS BEEN completely removed as it was not functional
• Further Improve DX11 implementation in Windows
• iOS9 support
PVR • Various fixes and improvements
• Various improvements to the music section
• Three finger touchpad mapping in iOS to make room for new tablet gestures-which will be available in Alpha 4 to complement bestaande tablet gestures.
• Kodi now supports being compiled with Xcode 7
• The Kodi GUI now supports a new stereoscopic depth effect for users of Kodi on 3D TVs or VR headsets
• The Music Library and View Files for music have now unified leg, similar to how video files and libraries are unified
• Extended support for browsing movies by country and through UPnP as well as user-ratings-which we’ll be added in future versions.
Known problems in this beta
Axis with all Developments sometimes we hit problems That need a little more time. One of the is the library-which hört export feature is not working as it should. We have a fix pending but it needs some more work before we can include it. The other known problems is using profiles. With the splitting of skin settings, we hit a small regression That affects users who are using the profile feature. Switching possible will cause your profile to be reset so in case you use this feature we suggest to not upgrade to this version.
We will make sure thesis issues are resolved by the release of final version.
kodi video settingsViewing:-182
Answer this Question
You must be Logged In to post an Answer.
Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »
Star Points Scale
Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!