The network “flowed” 4.5 million passwords from mail




More than 4.6 million account password mail service hit the open access on the Internet. Lists logins published on the Internet in part, without passwords and users can check their boxes for hacking.


According to “Habrhabr” base contains 4,664,478 accounts. According to the user’s e-mail address on this service, some still lets you log in to your account, but some owners elektronku on prompted to change the password for the email.

Company has commented on the information, explaining that much of a shared network passwords have been exchanged by the user and, therefore, are irrelevant and do not pose any danger of disclosure of personal information stored in the mail.

“Quite a large percentage of the passwords from the list of outdated, ie the account holders have already managed to change them. Approximately 95 percent of current accounts are already in our system as suspicious, which means that they are limited to sending e-mail, and their owners, we have long been recommended to change the password. As for the remaining 5% that were unknown to our system, they were added to the database of suspicious today and have either received notice or get it to the end of the day “- said in an official statement to the press service

Recall, this is the second case of a massive leak database of popular email services in Russia – on Monday became aware of the appearance on the Internet more than 1.2 million user passwords “Yandex.Mail” .

Representatives of “Yandex” stated that the company’s infrastructure has not been hacked, and the data were stolen directly from the users as a result of infection or phishing Trojan viruses. Postal service said that the owners of compromised accounts offered to change passwords, but they did not follow this advice, of which the company has concluded that these mailboxes or long abandoned by the owners, or were created by robots.

It is also known that the social network “VKontakte” decided to freeze more than 30 thousand. Account due to a leak of passwords to “Yandeks.Pochte.”


In: A Technology & Gadgets Asked By: [20459 Red Star Level]

Answer this Question

You must be Logged In to post an Answer.

Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »

Star Points Scale

Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!

Grey Sta Levelr [1 - 25 Grey Star Level]
Green Star Level [26 - 50 Green Star Level]
Blue Star Level [51 - 500 Blue Star Level]
Orange Star Level [501 - 5000 Orange Star Level]
Red Star Level [5001 - 25000 Red Star Level]
Black Star Level [25001+ Black Star Level]