TSMC has received an order for the release of processors A8X for iPad Pro




Taiwanese company, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) has received an order for the production of processors A8X for 12.9-inch tablet iPad Pro. This writes DigiTimes citing informed sources.


Currently, TSMC supplies Apple processors A8, which are used in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. They are made of 20-nanometer technology. A8X chip for tablets also will be made on 20-nanometer technology. This is a special version of the module with a more powerful graphics. Since the area of ​​the crystal A8X more than the A8, TSMC may face a decrease in the yield rate of production, indicates DigiTimes.

In the last quarter of the output of 20-nanometer technology brought TSMC 10% of the total income. By the end of the current quarter, this figure could increase to 20%, and next year – to exceed 30%. This rapid growth is due to orders Apple.

Processor A8 – is not the only chip in the new generation iPhone, manufactured at the facilities of TSMC. Taiwanese manufacturer also manufactures power controllers on request Dialog, RF processors 4G commissioned by Qualcomm, display drivers commissioned by Synaptics, gyros commissioned by InvenSense and fingerprint sensors on request AhthenTec. All of these components are used in smartphones Apple.


Previously passed the information that Cupertino had planned to start mass production of 12.9-inch tablet iPad Pro in December of this year, but revised their plans due to the fact that Apple is not satisfied with the volume of supply of components for the new iPhone with large partners.

On Thursday, Apple will hold a special event , which will present the updated tablets iPad Air and iPad mini, and new Mac models with a display Retina. After the event is expected to release a new platform OS X Yosemite.

Follow us on Twitter , VKontakte , Facebook , Google+ or via RSS , to keep abreast of the latest news from the world of Apple, Microsoft and Google.


In: A Technology & Gadgets Asked By: [19102 Red Star Level]

Answer this Question

You must be Logged In to post an Answer.

Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »

Star Points Scale

Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!

Grey Sta Levelr [1 - 25 Grey Star Level]
Green Star Level [26 - 50 Green Star Level]
Blue Star Level [51 - 500 Blue Star Level]
Orange Star Level [501 - 5000 Orange Star Level]
Red Star Level [5001 - 25000 Red Star Level]
Black Star Level [25001+ Black Star Level]