Vodafone gets nearly 100 billion euros for sale part American provider




Vodafone will receive a total of almost 100 billion euros for the sale of its stake in Verizon Wireless, a giant in the U.S. telecom market. That reports the Wall Street Journal. Vodafone sells its stake in Verizon, which wanted to buy out of the joint venture. Vodafone

Vodafone paid converted around 53 billion euros for half of Verizon Wireless nearly fifteen years ago and gets more than 98 billion euros in return, reports the Wall Street Journal. The deal is not yet final, the boards of both companies have yet to agree to the sale. This happens probably Monday. Vodafone holds a stake of 45 percent in Verizon Wireless, Verizon has the remaining 55 percent. Verizon Wireless has around 100 million customers, approximately 94 million subscribers, all in the United States.

About half of the payment in shares of Verizon, the other half in cash, says the business newspaper. The paper does not address what the deal means for the financial position of Vodafone and how that may affect future investment. Vodafone currently invests more in the Dutch market to provide new equipment to make faster 2g and 3g and 4g possible to roll the entire network. The same happens in many developing countries, which is the provider of high investment.

Meanwhile, Vodafone may also become a target for a takeover: Verizon Wireless competitor AT & T would have interest in Vodafone in its strategy to conquer the European market. Earlier rumors brought AT & T in connection with acquisition of KPN, but now it is clear that the Mexican provider America Movil KPN wants to take something that a temporary foundation blocks . With plans for the unification of the European telecom market with the ability to at once reach hundreds of millions of customers is the interest in European providers increased.


In: Technology & Gadgets Asked By: [18475 Red Star Level]

Answer this Question

You must be Logged In to post an Answer.

Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »

Star Points Scale

Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!

Grey Sta Levelr [1 - 25 Grey Star Level]
Green Star Level [26 - 50 Green Star Level]
Blue Star Level [51 - 500 Blue Star Level]
Orange Star Level [501 - 5000 Orange Star Level]
Red Star Level [5001 - 25000 Red Star Level]
Black Star Level [25001+ Black Star Level]