Find a Question:
Vodafone goes to court to Reggefiber takeover by KPN
Vodafone wants the court examines the acquisition of fiberglass farmer Reggefiber by KPN. In October last year, the Authority decided that KPN Consumer Market may take over the fiber provider, but Vodafone wants the court taking over as invalid.
Reggefiber Vodafone does not agree with the approval of the acquisition by the ACM, an anonymous source in the telecom sector across Tweakers. The provider has therefore appealed to the court in Rotterdam, in the form of a lawsuit against the Authority for Consumer Market. The provider, who offers internet on the fiber network of Reggefiber wants the approval of the acquisition is invalid and that there is a new decision.
Spokesman Joost Galema Vodafone confirms that request. “We invest hundreds of millions of years to get a good position in the fixed market,” he says. “Therefore we would like certainty,” the spokesman said. The acquisition of Reggefiber can continue as long as there is no judgment in the lawsuit, something that will take many years.
In October approved market watchdog the ACM acquisition Reggefiber well, with KPN 60 percent of the shares received in hands. Thus, we obtained full control of the company. Less than a month later announced KPN to take the remaining 40 percent of the company. KPN has the network of Reggefiber be open for competitors.
Vodafone does not indicate what the biggest objections to the acquisition, but probably the company fears that its bargaining power with Reggefiber weakened if the company is housed at KPN. Also, the company is probably not happy that the access obligation to Reggefiber network will soon no longer applies indefinitely, as now, but will be reviewed every three years. As a result, access to the network can also be undone.
What also will play is that KPN is considering the deployment of fiber on the back burner to convert has now taken over the Reggefiber as Tweakers last summer reported . KPN, according to an anonymous source of Tweakers are planning to switch to cheaper GPON connections. Point-to-point connections, KPN now uses a fiberglass customer has a complete fiber optic cable available to him; which do not have to share it with others. In a GPON network is a fiber optic cable or shared across multiple clients. Therefore, the maximum speed is much lower, and users can suffer from too full networks. Earlier on Wednesday confirmed KPN experimenting with GPON.
According to a spokeswoman for the District Court of Rotterdam is the profession is already logged in, but it may take some time should the case. “I would think of a few months,” the spokesman said. KPN says “taking note” of the action brought by Vodafone, but would still not content to go.Viewing:-213
Answer this Question
You must be Logged In to post an Answer.
Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »
Star Points Scale
Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!