Ziggo TV platform migrate to that of UPC in two larger regions




Ziggo starts on Friday, January 16th with the conversion of digital TV network to the frequencies used in the UPC Emmen region. On Monday, January 19th following Mill and its surroundings. The network harmonization in the two regions will follow after an initial migration in the Frisian Opsterland.

In the operation in the region Emmen on Friday, January 16th, Ziggo will allow approximately 45,000 subscribers migrate to the digital TV platform UPC. Emmen and surrounding the televisions will go black on that day, making digital television viewers are forced to change the settopbox- or TV settings and re-scan channels.

After the region Emmen on Monday, January 19th, Brabant Mill and surroundings turn. These include besides the municipality Mill also Cuijck, Uden and Veghel, as Ziggo spokesman Erik Doeselaar announces to Tweakers. What areas then get their turn, will of Doeselaar not say.

Ziggo put the network harmonization in these two regions, a conservative second step in its goal to digital television frequencies throughout its service area to convert to that of the UPC cable platform. The network harmonization Ziggo viewers get more TV channels , including several new HD channels.

According Ziggo is the first conversion operation in the Frisian Opsterland on January 5th successful. Approximately 10 percent of customers would have needed help to re-let their television set or decoder for example a neighbor or an employee of Ziggo. The remaining 90 percent knew the TV and set-top box, either using instructions from the cable company, self-regulating back in.


In: A Technology & Gadgets Asked By: [19029 Red Star Level]

Answer this Question

You must be Logged In to post an Answer.

Not a member yet? Sign Up Now »

Star Points Scale

Earn points for Asking and Answering Questions!

Grey Sta Levelr [1 - 25 Grey Star Level]
Green Star Level [26 - 50 Green Star Level]
Blue Star Level [51 - 500 Blue Star Level]
Orange Star Level [501 - 5000 Orange Star Level]
Red Star Level [5001 - 25000 Red Star Level]
Black Star Level [25001+ Black Star Level]